Re: Bookbinding videos

I think I have seen all of these videos that have been produced
so far.
 They are well produced.  Clear and nicely photographed.
Some of them are rather slow moving from an interest point
of view.
The Middleton one is perhaps the best one although I really enjoyed
the one about the book collectors and the earlier design binders
and bindings in England.   The sewing one, though worthwhile was
rather slow.  There is also a conservation one that features some of the
collections at Canterbury Cathedral and the library there.
My understanding was that production costs vs. sales results
had been disappointing to the company and that production
slowed because of this.

For enjoyment purposes they are great, but if you are planning to
learn bookbinding from them, I question their instructional value.

If you have specific questions, contact me off list.

Jane Brown
brownjm@musc.edu
--On WedTu, Jul42122199997 2:08 PM +0004 "Peter N. Krantz"