Quick delete, It's that Jamboree again

I don't know what it is about this particular session of the Book Arts
Jamboree, but a lot of wonderful, unexpected events are making this a session
never to be forgotten.

Tonight was one of those evenings we wish we had every night.  There was a
clear, starry sky overhead and a gentle breeze floated through the resort.
About 9:30 p.m. Susan Gaylord was giving a bonus workshop on how to make a
museum book and almost everyone else was gathered with their publishing
companies working on their editioned books.  What should pull up the
driveway, but a 1927 Model T Ford!  It was a charming couple asking for
directions.  They had just come from Boston (about 200 miles away) and
tomorrow will be finishing their journey at Cooperstown (about 75 miles away)
to attend the Glimmerglass Opera.  Word of the unexpected arrival spread
quickly and Jamboree participants poured out of the studio tents and
conference center to inspect this unusual vehicle.  After our curiosity was
satisfied the driver tried several times to start the car by turning the
crank.  No success.  Finally, we all gave a hand to push the car down the
driveway onto the main road.  As it coasted out of sight, we heard a cough, a
sputter, and a chug-chug as the engine came to life and the couple motored
off to find a late dinner.

It's after 1 a.m. and I'm about to go to bed.  I know that there are still
people working in the studios.  We may not get much sleep, but a lot of
inventive books and handmade paper gets created.  We'll all sleep AFTER the
Jamboree.

Ed

PS I've learned how to spell "mandala."  Because of an accident our sand
painting got scattered prematurely--opps!--but the new version that is
developing is even better.