scholarships

  This is forwarded from another list.  The Trust has been set up in
England, but I don't know whether applicants must also be English, or
working in UK programs.  Anyway, it might be worth pursuing for those
interested:

  >Subject: The Anna Plowden Trust
>
>SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCMENT
>
>THE ANNA PLOWDEN TRUST
>
>Following the death of Anna Plowden CBE, a trust was established by her
>friends and family.  She was one of the first scientifically trained
>conservators to work in the private sector and was committed to the
>promotion and development of the conservation profession through both
>training and education, which she believed should be of the highest
>possible standard.  The Trust seeks to promote her ideals and
interests.

>The Trust, established in 1998, is now able to offer a limited number
of
>bursaries towards tuition fees for the academic year 1999-2000.
Bursaries
>would cover up to 100% of course fees for a maximum of two years.
>Candidates can be either post-graduate students or conservators already
>working within the private sector.  Funding is also available for
>mid-career applicants seeking to improve their skills and personal
>development to attend short courses or appropriate conferences.
>
>In the future, the Trust hope to fund internships and conservation
research
>and welcomes donations to assist with the development of the
conservation
>profession through excellence and scholarship.
>

>For further details and an application form, please contact:
>
>Penelope Plowden
>The Anna Plowden Trust
>43 Lansdowne Gardens
>London,  SW8 2EL
>

>Please include a stamped and addressed envelope.
>For full-time courses, completed application forms should be
accompanied with:

>  a letter explaining why it is important for you to attend the course
>a letter from the college confirming that a place has been offered
>the names and addresses of two referees.
>

>Applications should be received by the 31st July, although later
>applications may be considered.
>
>Please note, there is no time limit for applications to fund short
courses
>or appropriate conferences.

   I am forwarding this without the permission of the other list, but I
believe it was intended as a general announcement.

  Dorothy Africa