Bookbinding Destroyed by British Customs

While wandering around the internet today, I checked back in on the
Leopardi Exhibition site and explored one of the links I had not
previously looked at, namely "Pablo Mayayo."

It seems that Mr. Mayayo sent in his binding for this competition &
exhibition and while at Heathrow airport it was destroyed by Customs
agents who thought it might be concealing drugs. My Italian & Spanish
are not good enough to comprehend all in the newsclippings -- I'm
wondering if Mayayo was finally able to send the destroyed binding to
the exhibition committee or if any reparations were made to Mayayo.

Would anyone on the list with further information please post? --Dave.

Here are the relevant URLs:

This shows the condition of Pablo Mayayo's binding when it left
Medellin, Colombia:
http://www.chester.it/rilegatura/leopardi/125ma/r912.htm

Some info on the destruction:
http://www.chester.it/rilegatura/leopardi/mayayo/index.htm

This shows the condition after Heathrow customs agents had finished it
off: http://www.chester.it/rilegatura/leopardi/mayayo/distrutto.htm

Website for the Primero Mostra Internationale de Rilegatura d'Arte in
Italia: http://www.chester.it/rilegatura/leopardi/index.htm