Rafia

Suhag--

In my knotting work I've run across some suppliers for natural hemp cord.
It's a tight cord, not loose like raffia, and I haven't tried it on my
J-bindings, but it came to mind when I saw this thread.  If there's any
interest I'll find the sources.  Depending on the suitability of the
covers, leather lacing and artificial sinew are also an option.

I use a good bit of waxed linen, which I get from Royalwood.  I expect they
also handle raffia since they are mainly a basket weaving supplier.

Sam
Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)