[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Rafia
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@HCTC.NET>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:51:40 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <199907291304.IAA12940@roadrunner.sig.net>
- Message-Id: <199907291354.GAA19162@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
In my knotting work I've run across some suppliers for natural hemp cord.
It's a tight cord, not loose like raffia, and I haven't tried it on my
J-bindings, but it came to mind when I saw this thread. If there's any
interest I'll find the sources. Depending on the suitability of the
covers, leather lacing and artificial sinew are also an option.
I use a good bit of waxed linen, which I get from Royalwood. I expect they
also handle raffia since they are mainly a basket weaving supplier.
Sam Lanham (email@example.com)