Re: Seeking Istotype/Dutch Information

Tom Trusky wrote:
> =

> An extract from a book (or booklet?) contains a statement regarding the=
 =3D
> "International Foundation for Visual Education, a non-profit organizati=
on =3D
> with headquarters in The Hague, Holland.  The staff of the foundation,"=
 =3D
> this extract from an unknown book printed in English asserts, "consists=
 of =3D
> sociologists,teachers, designers and artists..." who promote the use of=
 =3D
> Isotype.  "The aim of Isotype" we are told, "is to express ideas simply=
, =3D
> clearly and directly in a manner that all the people of the world and o=
f =3D
> all classes will understand."
> I am seeking information regarding the Visual Education Foundation, =3D=

> Isotype (a system which apparently makes use of visual symbols) and, in=
 =3D
> particular, the mysterious book from which I have quoted.
> Tom Trusky, Coordinator
> Idaho Center for the Book

        Here you are --

        Neurath, Otto. International picture language / Internationale Bildsprac=
he.
ISBN 0 704904 89 6. 1980 facsimile reprint of the 1936 English edition.
70pp, in-text diagrams. Paperbound.
        Graphic communication through ISOTYPE.
ISBN 0 704904 80 2. 1981 [revised edn]. 48pp, diagrams,
bibliographies.    =

        the two volumes  $25.00 =

        Andr=E1s F=FCr=E9sz
        Very Graphics