[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Seeking Istotype/Dutch Information
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Seeking Istotype/Dutch Information
- From: Andras Furesz <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:33:09 -0700
- Message-Id: <199907291833.LAA33854@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: Very Graphics
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Tom Trusky wrote:
> An extract from a book (or booklet?) contains a statement regarding the=
> "International Foundation for Visual Education, a non-profit organizati=
> with headquarters in The Hague, Holland. The staff of the foundation,"=
> this extract from an unknown book printed in English asserts, "consists=
> sociologists,teachers, designers and artists..." who promote the use of=
> Isotype. "The aim of Isotype" we are told, "is to express ideas simply=
> clearly and directly in a manner that all the people of the world and o=
> all classes will understand."
> I am seeking information regarding the Visual Education Foundation, =3D=
> Isotype (a system which apparently makes use of visual symbols) and, in=
> particular, the mysterious book from which I have quoted.
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> Tom Trusky, Coordinator
> Idaho Center for the Book
Here you are --
Neurath, Otto. International picture language / Internationale Bildsprac=
ISBN 0 704904 89 6. 1980 facsimile reprint of the 1936 English edition.
70pp, in-text diagrams. Paperbound.
Graphic communication through ISOTYPE.
ISBN 0 704904 80 2. 1981 [revised edn]. 48pp, diagrams,
the two volumes $25.00 =
P.O. Box 95642
Seattle, WA 98145 =