Re: Endsheet question

Two thoughts on this:

One, if you are looking for an "archival" coated bible paper, Shepherd's in
England sells this, but not in red. (They have black, very dark green, and two
shades of yellow - interesting, huh?)

Second, the way you describe the paper:

>like a very thin sheet of plastic with a paper lining, almost like vinyl

makes it sound like you might have a moire' patterened paper.  It comes in (if
memory serves me correctly - it's been ages since I've worked on a Bible.
Hallelujah and praise the Lord) a textured paper variety and an actual cloth,
very thin and lined with a thin paper.  We would then line this paper with an
appropriate paper to match the original flyleaves and textblock.  Where and if
you could get this is beyond me.  I know several years ago at the bindery I
worked at we had a couple rolls of of the cloth/paper lined stuff.

Eric

 Eric Alstrom
 Collections Conservator
 Dartmouth College