[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: inkjet printers for photo output
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: inkjet printers for photo output
- From: Bobbie Boschan <B2ATL@AOL.COM>
- Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:13:29 EDT
- Message-Id: <199908041814.LAA17172@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
In a message dated 8/4/99 8:37:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time, mhackney@TCA.NET
> Take a look at the ALPS printers, too. I think there is one
> in the $300 range. It has cartridges with tape and prints at 600
> dpi, but you never see any dots, as that is not how it prints. The
> resin on the tape is thermally transferred to the paper resulting in
> a veary realistic looking picture. It will even put a gloss coat on
> if you want.
Interesting. Do you know anything about the archival quality of the ink?