Re: Standing Press

>>>>Date:    Thu, 5 Aug 1999 08:19:22 -0700
From:    Kathleen Parulski <ibindbooks@SNET.NET>
Subject: Re: Standing Presses

Pete,

I tend to agree with you.  But, who makes the press you mention with the
built-in poly edged boards?  Is it your creation? And are there specks?<<<<=

   I designed and manufacture (handcraft) the Casing Press under the =
auspices of my very small company TeMPeR Productions of which I am chief, =
cook and bottlewasher in addition to my full time job (I will soon be =
ending my 23 year bookbinding and preservation career at St. Bonaventure =
University to stay at home with my now 8 month old daughter (and her 2 =
much older siblings) and to, hopefully, grow TeMPeR Productions into a =
full time occupation).  (Back to the press...) The press is a wood press =
with a steel screw.  The platens are 12 1/2" x 9" with 3" of daylight.  =
Not wanting to commercialize this list if anybody has any further =
inquiries please feel free to direct them to me off list at temper@cis.com.=

=20

Pete Jermann
Preservation Officer/Bookbinder