Re: inkjet printers for photo output

Many manufacturers are now producing ink jet and laser printers which sell
at a very low price, but have a limited supply of ink or toner. After a
brief period of use, one must buy replacement supplies, which are available
at an inflated price from the manufacturer. Gillette has done very well in
the razor business by making a profit from selling blades, though the
razors themseves are quite inexpensive. Xerox has just done the same thing
with their XD100 copier-printer.
        These machines are excellent, and produce outstanding results, but they
are expensive to run
        The best solution is to purchase printer supplies from someone other than
the manufacturer. This has risks, of course, since cheaper is rarely
better. For refilled toner cartridges, the best source I have found is BC
Computer Co., 201 East Hightway 17, Houston, MO 65483. 1-800-648-2759. Fax
417-967-4032. For ink jet ink, I have had good results with MIS Associates,
Inc., 282 Kirksway C1, Lake Orion, MI, 48362. 248-814-9398. www.missupply.com
        I have no connection with these companies other than as a satisfied
customer. Their supplies cost approximately half as much as those from the
manufacturer.
Rupert