Re: Alps printers.

I agree, Alps printers sometimes do banding, but not often, in
my experience.   All of the covers (hardcover and paperback) for
Lotta Rahme's book, _Leather: Preparation and Tanning by Traditional
Methods_ are printed on an Alps, and I have begun using it for some
videotape covers.

Jack

>Date:    Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:30:37 -0700
>From:    Ron Yost <musik@TCSN.NET>
>Subject: Re: inkjet printers for photo output
(snip)
>If you're investigating the ribbon-ink printers (ALPS, etc.)
>please look carefully at sample output .. the slight 'banding'
>may bother you.

>Regards,
>Ron Yost

Jack C. Thompson