Re: Pictures of Bookbinding

At 05:27 PM 8/7/99 EDT, John Tewell wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can find a print of a bindery for decoration in my
>shop? I am looking for something related to hand binding. maybe an old
>craftsman working in his shop, or something similar. I was told that Gane or
>someone used to have these kinds of trade prints as a form of advertising,
>but they don't anymore. I would be happy to just have a copy of something
>along those lines. I would also be interested in prints of old book presses
>and equipment too. I am not looking for any high priced original stuff. Just
>something that would look nice on the wall. Thanks. JT

Actually, I've got a ton of pictures like that (all copyright-free!) in
various books and would be happy to scan one or a couple for you at
high-resolution (like, 300dpi) and save it as a high-quality JPEG, if you'd
like, and then you could just print it out on your printer (assuming you
have one). You'd need some sort of image-editing software, though (like
Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro or something), otherwise, if you wanted to
print from a browser or something, I could only do one up for you at 72dpi.

Of course, I don't know quite what it is that you'd be looking for exactly.
Many of the pictures that I have are kind-of like the one that I used for
the title graphic on my main home page, i.e. at...

        http://www.psymon.com

Is that basically the kind of pic that you meant? Of course, that
particular one isn't what the original looked like. The original picture
that I made that from you can see at...

        http://www.psymon.com/koster/velde1.html

...and there's a related one at...

        http://www.psymon.com/koster/velde2.html

Is that kind of what you were looking for? Like I said, I could scan either
of those two pics at high-res, but I also have a whole pile of other ones
like that which I could scan as well -- the only problem being, of course,
that you're not here to choose which one you'd want! :/

Feel free to write me off-list, if you'd like.

Ron :)

Digital Art: like, Beat, y'dig?-> http://www.psymon.com/art/
A Letter To An Imaginary Friend-> http://www.psymon.com/letter/
Sterling Moon Specialty Coffees-> http://www.sterlingmoon.com