Re: holes in bindings

At 11:31 AM 8/14/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I am a bookbinder in Freiburg in the South of Germany. I am drilling the
>holes for japanese bindings with a special manual paper drill.

Interesting looking drill.  Where is it available?

For Japanese binding, however, I prefer to punch rather than drill.
Drilling removes stock; punching doesn't.  This means that after sewing or
placing the koyori in a punched hole, a gentle tapping with a mallet closes
the hole around the sewing material.  This doesn't happen with a drilled hole.

Sam

You can

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)