Edges

While we are on the subject of covering edges.

Several years ago I had in the shop for a short period a book the edges of
which were absolutely the most brilliant copper color I have ever seen. VERY
metallic VERY copper. Handling did not dull them, and the book was 10 - 12
years old at the time and did not show any tendancy to dull or wear.

I have never seen it before or since on any other book. Is this a gold alloy
or something else? If any one knows or has any suggestions I wwould love to
hear it.

As a by-line on the graphite we have used to to good effect using the
techniques outlined by Peter. We have also then ribbed or cut out designs in
the edges to good effect. I think it stands out a little more than when done
to a gilded edge.

Regards

Kurt Klappenbach
Loud Creek Books & Bindery