No Subject

Can anyone advise on the following? Suppose I want to have someone pochoir
(stencil) onto a 100% rag paper. Suppose I then want to damp those
stencilled sheets under pressure prior to letterpress printing. What
constraints does that put on the ink/paint/dyes used in the stencilling?
Clearly I don't want the artwork to 'run' when dampened, nor to set off
onto adjacent sheets under pressure. Can it be done? If so what medium
should the artist use? All help welcome. TIA!!

Best wishes, Martyn Ould

The Old School Press