Re: Ireland travel

In Dublin:

1) In addition to the Books of Kells, Armagh, Durrow and Dimma on the
ground floor of the Old Library at Trinity College, there is the Long Room
upstairs, which usually has some interesting books and such on display.
Incidentally, the area housing Kells, etc., on the ground floor, was
rearranged a few months ago. Whether that improved visibility or not, I
don't know.

2) The Chester Beatty Library has one of the world's greatest collections
of Islamic manuscripts. It's somewhat difficult to reach, though: in a
lovely Edwardian suburb halfway between downtown Dublin and Dun Laoghaire.

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Sheila Cunningham wrote:

> I will be going to Ireland this August. Does anyone know
> of any book arts must sees?

Paul Werner, New York City
http://pages.nyu.edu/~ptw1
     DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES: a project to research and teach the
techniques of the Medieval scribe and artist.
     THE ORANGE PRESS: most recent titles: "Vellum Preparation:
History and Technique," and "Dragonsblood and Ashes: the Beta
Version."
     WOID: a journal of visual language in New York, including reviews,
listings and resources.

To subscribe to WOID:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/WOID