Re: Edges

Well to date we have not gotten a reply to our question.... Di get a lot of
people who want the answer if we can get it though.... the question was:::

>Several years ago I had in the shop for a short period a book the edges of
>which were absolutely the most brilliant copper color I have ever seen.
VERY
>metallic VERY copper. Handling did not dull them, and the book was 10 - 12
>years old at the time and did not show any tendancy to dull or wear.>

>I have never seen it before or since on any other book. Is this a gold
alloy
>or something else? If any one knows or has any suggestions I wwould love to
>hear it.

Does someone on the list know of a bindery (or gilder) that does a lot of
edge gilding (perhaps not on the list) that may be able to answer the
question.  This could potentially mean a large contract of gilding if I can
hook up with sopmeone who knows how to do it.

Kurt Klappenbach
Loud Creek Books & Bindery
P.O. Box 8120
Bangor, ME   04402-8120