[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Speckled Edges
- From: John Tewell <JTewell@AOL.COM>
- Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:48:12 EDT
- Message-Id: <199908202149.OAA13252@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Does anyone know how to get a nice uniform spekled edge on books. I have some
orders for them, but have never seriously tried to do it. I need to know
both the technique and what kind of dye. Must I use a commercial "book edge
dye"? Or are there other inks or something that works as well?
I found a nice little brush that looks like a short test tube brush on a
spindle and as the brush rotates the bristles hit a little bar that splatters
the ink. So far it is the best method I have found.
Also any tips on edge coloring would be helpful. Again I would need to know
the type of ink or dye. Thanks JT