"Copper" edge

I agree with Paula that some kinds of gold  and leaf products are copper
based.  If it contains copper, it usually oxidizes  causing the gold to have a
greenish cast.  This would have a different look than the reddish coppery
color that you are reffering to.  This oxidized greenish colored gold that is
cut with copper can be acidic and damaging to paper.

   From what I have seen, If it has a reddish cast rather than a greenish
cast, it may have been a type of red gold.  I believe that you can purchase
red gold through Art Essentials in NYC.  I don't know enough about colored
gold alloys to know what is in red gold, and if it contains copper to color
it.  Maybe someone else can answer that.

Jake Benson