Jim Trissel

<Forwarded from Betty Bright>

Jim Trissel died at his home in Colorado Springs, on Friday, at 3:45 p.m.,
after
a valiant battle with pancreatic cancer. Jim's diagnosis came over a year ago,
and he continued to defy his doctors by outlasting all life expectations, and
chose to keep his condition somewhat private, in order to maintain his focus on
spending time at the Press and with his family. He participated in last
February's book arts educators' conference in Tuscaloosa, and on a panel he
spoke about his vision for the future of book arts education, a topic he cared
passionately about. The beauty of his drawn line, the literary integrity of the
books that he and his students printed at The Press at Colorado College, and
above all his warm generosity and wry insights on art, books and life will be
dearly missed.

Brian Malanphy has been assisting Jim at the Press for several months now, and
he suggests that questions be directed to the Press at 719/389-6376, and he
will
try to respond. As more information becomes available, I will pass it on to the
list.

Betty Bright

brig0022@maroon.tc.umn.edu

                                >>> Glad to be back  in the library. <<<