Re: Edges

Well, I know next to nothing about edge gilding, but if it can be done
with the normal range of metals with which you can 'gild' other
surfaces, I'd venture a guess that this was done with aluminum, anodized
to that color. I know you can get a pretty convincing copper color with
anodized aluminum, and I've long wished both sheet and leaf were
available in a good imitation copper. It's such a beautiful, unique
look, and it dulls so quickly. It's possible there're other alloys that
can get close, but I've never seen them.

I suspect you can also get a good copper metallic paint by mixing the
right colors for the base, then adding mica or shredded aluminum or
whatever other shiny stuff they use these days.

If anyone does know a source for good copper-color anodized aluminum,
I'd love to hear about it.

RCB