Request for Auction Donations, again!

This is my first call for donations for the upcoming Guild of BookWorkers
fund raising auction.

Many of you on the list know that for a couple of years now I have been
organizing the GBW auctions with the wonderful assistance of Bill Drendel,
and takes place during the Guilds annual Standards of Excellence Conference
(in Chicago this year).

The Guild of BookWorkers is a not-for-profit organization, with 1,000 members
(we hit 1010 last week!) and part of the proceeds from each years' auction go
toward 'sponsoring' several deserving attendees to the next years meeting.
This year, for example, we are sponsoring three people in Chicago.

Donations can be book arts related or not.  Examples of past donations
include bookbinding, papermaking and calligraphy instruction manuals; tools,
equipment and supplies (from leather to decorative paper to bone folders to
you name it).  Champagne, marbled jewelry, telescopes, posters book related
and otherwise, handmade stationery, cards, etc. Of special interest this year
will be items of/incorporating handmade papers, since the Friends of Dard
Hunter will be meeting the following weekend also in Chicago and we expect
some overlap in attendance.

Please, look through your basement, attic, shop, closet and garage. All items
are gratefully accepted and will be used in either the silent or live auction.

If you have anything you would like to donate, please contact me OFF THE LIST
and I will give you information on when and where to send your contribution.

Please remember that this is for a good cause, and helps support our book
arts community.  Please be creative, and generous!

Regards, Karen L. Crisalli, President/The Guild of BookWorkers