Re: Pulled paste papers with yarn/string

When I make pulled paste papers I make sure that I have paste/color mix on
both sheets. Generally I apply color, then fold and pull apart. While
still folded I'll impress whatever pattern I want using my fingers or
whatever else I feel like using. Then pull apart. If one were to use
string, or whatever, make sure you rub the paper together well and then
carefully remove the string to avoid messing up the pattern.

Another thing to consider is the thickness of the paste. A thicker paste
will hold fine textures better than a wetter one. The resulting texture
from the pulling will also show more detail and be finer.

Experiment and have fun.

Peter

Peter Verheyen, Listowner: Book_Arts-L
<mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com>