Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:25:21 -0400
From: bpress <bpress@bestweb.net>
To: PDV <pdverhey@dreamscape.com>
Subject: Is this book related?

Can you or the list help with this one. He said he thought it might be a
book press. I have scanned photos and put them on
http://www.bestweb.net/~bpress/au/bkpress.jpg   :

Bob at connelly@cts.com wrote:

wood screw type press

I have a wooden, I think Beech, rectangular box which measures 4-1/2
inches wide by 12 inches long by 2-1/4 inches deep. A long wooden screw
with a finely turned handle about 16 inches. There are 7 Tiger Maple
wooden plates about 3/8 inch thick which fit into the box, and have half
round cut outs in their front edges. The box construction is dovetailed
and the inside of the box appears to have inkstains. There is a stamped
name on the box on  the top edge, Kaspar Christ. Any information would be
appreciated.

Peter Verheyen, Listowner: Book_Arts-L
<mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com>
<http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>