Re: Toy camera

I teach a photography class for children using a "Holga" toy camera.  It's
a pretty straight forward, inexpensive camera.  With some minor changes
(You simply remove a piece inside and cover 2 holes with tape) the camera
produces some very interesting effects.  For examples see:

http://www.toycamera.com/index2.html

I've never seen Holgas at discount stores, but have heard that sometimes
they can be found there.  I purchased mine, at a significant discount for
volume, at Maine Photographic Workshops in Rockport, ME.  They have a
website, but I can't find a bookmark at the  moment.

Good Luck,

Geoff

At 09:26 PM 08/25/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>Hello helpful people--Do any of you know anything about toy camreas? I have
>in mind one that was supposed to be available at KMart, but I can't find it
>(or remember the brand. . .). Any hints, suggestions most welcome. Thanks in
>advance. Laurie O'Brien

Geoff Davis
The Art Department Studio Camps and Workshops
Teaching kids and teachers about Bookbinding, Printmaking, Drawing &
Photography
1337 Hannibal Street
Noblesville, IN 46060