Re: Porcupine Quills

I have seen them used to write with though I am under the impression that
bird feathers may work better. I could be wrong. Depending on thier length
they may need to tied down to a holder of some sort.

For a pretty good pictoral explaination on how to cut feathers to make
quills try the following link. I would assume the same technique could be
used on porcupine quills.

http://www.regia.org/quill2.htm

Kurt Klappenbach
Loud Creek Books & Bindery