Fall book arts in San Francisco

The San Francisco Center for the Book
has just updated our website to reflect autumn events,
classes, exhibitions, lectures and more, including
next week's surprise 4-day exhibition . . .

http://www.sfcb.org

* * * * *

If you've wondered what the San Francisco Center for the Book does,
and you're in the area, please join us next week for
an OPEN HOUSE, from 5-8 on Wednesday, September 8.
You'll hear about classes from instructors and staff,
possibly win door prizes of gift certificates, classes,
books and broadsides, and received 10% off most classes
by registering this evening.

We're located at 300 de Haro - please call 415 565 0545 for more info.

* * * * *

RESTORED TO LIFE: the art & technique of book restoration
A free gallery talk by Dominic Riley

This talk is especially pertinent for librarians and others responsible for
the well-being of books under their supervision. Dominic is also offering a
further "Book Care & Repair" class called The Art of Cloth Rebacking, on
Sept. 11-12 from 10-5 under the auspices of the Hand Bookbinder so
California at the Center. More information is on our website or call 415
565 0545 to receive a schedule.