fixing a cover

Hi List:

I'm curious if anyone can guide me as to what brand of marker might be
appropriate to cover up some ripped corners on a red linen book cover.  It
is a very bright red.  One edge is also a little dirty, so I'd like to know
if I can put something on a piece of cloth and rub it along the edge to
make it look redder.

Also, the book has a wonderful removable hinging system made by Clele'(I
may be wrong on the spelling because it is hard to read).  The interior is
replaceable by turning 2 metal rods and pulling them out.  Can I buy the
same or similiar hardware somewhere or covers with the hardware but without
the inside pages?

I look forward to any responses.

-Andy Darlow