Re: fixing a cover

Try toning the area with pastels and rubbing off the excess.  Or use colored
pencils.  Red is hard to duplicate, I think, because there are many underlying
colors.  Test on some kind of compatible material to develop the new color, if
you can.  If the cloth surface has a finish, I may use renaissance wax to seal
the repair.  The underlying cardboard can also be dyed, and liquid dyes are
useful, but harder to control.  Leather dyes or acrylic inks work well,
especially for cardboard.

Carol P.
Eugene, OR