Re: studio lighting

I agree with Peter.  My best lighting is in my classroom where the
flourescents are bounced off the white ceiling.  There are few, if any,
dark spots and shadows.  For close work I rely on a small work light close
to the work.

At 10:10 AM 09/08/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I like flourescents. They're cheap, you can hang them to whatever height
>you want and depending on how you lay them out you can avoid shadows on
>your bench. You can also get full spectrum "bulbs" for them. The problem
>with incandescents is that they all tend to aim light at a particular spot
>and what you end up with is shadow areas on the bench which can be
>distracting, if not annoying, especially when cutting, tearing, folding,
>or anything else that requires precision. I have mine (48" long) centered
>directly above the bench and running parallel to each other.
>
>p.
>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Peter Verheyen, Listowner: Book_Arts-L
><mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com>
><http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>
>John Vassos Bibliography
><http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey/vassos/vassos.htm>

>                  <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>

Geoff Davis
The Art Department Studio Camps and Workshops
Teaching kids and teachers about Bookbinding, Printmaking, Jazz, Drawing &
Photography
1337 Hannibal Street
Noblesville, IN 46060