Re: studio lighting

First make sure that you can tolerate flourescent light waves. I have great
difficulty with the pulse rate of flourescent bulbs - they make me drowsy
and sometimes even lightheaded. Although the full spectrum aren't as bad -
I still have problems functioning efficiently without at least some
incandescent or daylight balancing. Its not just my imagination - this is a
well documented condition that many people have.

When my studio was built I hired a lighting designer and am glad I sprung
for the additional expense. They used a lot of wall mounted lights with
rotating heads so the light can be bounced and re-directed. I have since
added several architectural style clamp on lamps that I can move depending
on the project. Good luck! Alicia Bailey