Re: dying art

I don't know why they call it a dying art. I didn't even know bookarts
existed until a couple of years ago, and I certainly never dreamed of
binding a book until I got my first computer and ink jet printer. Once I
had the tools to layout a page, my curiousity peeked and I ripped apart
a damaged book just to see how it was made.

Soon after, I started searching the internet and the library for
information about bookbinding and I discovered the book arts list. I
took the wealth of information gathered here, mixed well with
information gathered from books and taught myself to bind a decent book.
(Decent for a novice, I mean.) Now all my friends marvel at the books I
put together and its obvious that it never occurred to most people in
South Georgia that a book could be bound by hand.

How can the art be dying when many haven't even discovered it yet?

--
Adel Ga Online
The #1 gathering place for South Georgians.