Re: Poor or Rich--is it talent or not?

i dont know what this thread has to do with book arts, but i have to agree
with what eileen said.

first up, a masters in art is totally meaningless to having artistic talent
or having a successful artistic career. having been in the BFA program at
otis/parsons and graduating the arts mentor program at santa monica
ollege  - i find very little that i learned worthwhile. most of the
instructors where just frustrated failed artists who gave in to a 9 to 5
slot.

actually, i find it all a total waste of time in terms of pursuing an
artistic career, the super great curators, dealers, and artists of this
century had  no artistic "degree."

secondly, charles does have talent, and as a watercolour artist i think he
is very talented. could he ever gain proper attention and appreciation? no,
because the powers that make or break an artist also control them.

james linza
antiquarian and modern books
e-mail: linza@worldnet.att.net
visit us at http://www.thegentry.com

telephone: (561) 301-2475
text messaging: 5613012475@mobile.att.net
snailmail: p.o. box 2474, palm beach,  florida   33480-2474