Board Cutter

I have an old T.W. & C.B. Sheridan floor model board cutter. This thing is
pretty big and I would guess the blade, including handle and counter weight
is 5' long. My problem is that I am having trouble adjusting the blade. There
is a screw type adjustment that I have been playing with, but it is still not
right. Does anyone have any experience with one of these things? Any tips?
Thanks. JT