Re: dying art

So there I was, speaking with a museum director, and he asked me what
I did.  I told him that, among other things, I restored books.

He told me that when he was an undergraduate student he took a class
in bookbinding.  One night at the opening of an art exhibit he was trying
to impress a lovely young lady, when she asked him what he was studying.

He told her, "Bookbinding."

She said, "How boring."

He took his degree in philosophy, and never looked back.

Just another data point.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Laboratory