Guillotine for beginners

A recent thread discussing guillotines and what to get as a "starter" model.

Rather than spend your money on a poorly made machine, save up for a good
guillotine, and in the meantime use a copy shop's guillotine. They will
often cut your text blocks for a dollar or two. Whenever I have a batch of
textblocks to trim, and don't want to do it on my manual guillotine, I'll
take them to my local copy shop.

I have learned that scribing a line on boards taped to the text block
eliminates incorrect cuts. Take responsibility for the cut-marks, and
you'll get what you want - most of the time. Once you've saved up the cash,
you can buy your own.

Nicholas

Nicholas G. Yeager 51 Warren St.#2 NY, NY 10007 212.346.9609
artifex@pipeline.com