Re: dying art

> He told her, "Bookbinding."
>
> She said, "How boring."
>
> He took his degree in philosophy, and never looked back.

That's certainly not the usual response I get from people.  I usually get
something more like "How fascinating.  I've never met anybody who does that
before."  In fact, if I'm at a party and I've realized I'm talking to
someone whose attention I don't really want, I try to avoid talking about
what I do at work.  I've yet to have anybody call it boring.  In my
experience, bringing up bookbinding tends to be good food for continuing
conversation.

-April