Re: dying art

When I was in high school, my teachers asked me what I wanted
to be.  I said I wanted to be an artist and a writer.  The
business/steno teacher told me that photography was rapidly
replacing art.  Others told me the world didn't need writers.  As with
other stupid statement made to me, I paid no attention.  I have
always made art and written.  We must remember that it is the
process that is important -- that's what I tell my students, and in a
capitalist society, it's usually the product, not the process, that
people care about.  I consider myself lucky -- not rich, but lucky, to
be doing what I want to do, and making somewhat of a living from
it.

Bertha Rogers