wrap your brain around this

Richard Seibert contributed to the list:
<Still, somehow, I think it might be a little bit harder to
<give up what you have known, than to know what you
<have never had (in Aristotle's world); and still a little harder
<yet to know what you have never had, and to give up what
<you have never known (in Plato's world.).

Someone once TRIED to say to me:
If you can't do what you want to do, learn to want what you can do.

This I find pretty depressing.
The interesting thing is that what my friend ACTUALLY said (in Dutch the two sentences are easily confused), was:

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO WHAT YOU CAN DO, LEARN HOW TO DO WHAT YOU WANT.

Now there's a challenge. Is it possible to learn how to be an artist? I'm trying, anyway.

Anne