Laser printer/paper question

I've been approached by a group who wants me to bind a one-of-a-kind
self-published book for them.   They would like it in larger than 11x17
format.   They want to print it on a laser printer and then decorate each
page with watercolors.   They plan on purchasing a laser printer to do this
job.
    My questions to you experts are two:
        First, what kind of printer would best serve their needs?--sizes
available, brand, etc.
        Second, what type of paper would you suggest using?
This is not my area of expertise, and I will greatly appreciate the group's
suggestions.
    You may reply to me privately if this is not of interest to the group as
a whole.
    Thanks.
    Virginia Turnbull
virginia@grove.net