Re: wrap your brain around this

>For what it is worth. In my experience,  an artist is an artist to the core
>of their being and can be nothing else. The heart of an artist can never be
>learned or taught. It is either there or not.
>dt fletcher

Anything can be learned, and anyone can learn to be an artist. Of
course, some will learn more successfully than others. To use an
example from another field, select a child at random from the
population. Educate him in an intense environment where he is told
that he is the reincarnation of the bodhisattva of compassion, and he
will grow up to be the dalai lama, an incarnation of the bodhisattva
of compassion.

As for the metaphysics of this claim, I don't understand what you
mean by "the core of being", or "the heart of an artist". Being has
no core; an artist's heart is pretty much like the heart of anyone
else.