Re: Learn this

Here is another view. I think Betty Edwards (Drawing From the Right Side of
the Brain) was the one who pointed out that, first of all, art used to be
taught as a craft, where young boys were apprenticed early and taught the
skills they would need. They were not left to their own devices to be
"creative." Teaching led to creativity, not away from it.

Two, what if we were taught to read the way we are "taught" to draw? What if
you shoved a bunch of kids in a room with books, explained the alphabet, and
let them do their own thing? Would only the "talented" ones pick up reading?

Kate