Re: Learn this

Kate,

I think this comparison is a wonderful way to consider the question.

All people are given,  to whatever degree,  an urge toward creativity,  right up
with their dose of intelligence.  Not all people will or should become the next
Michaelangelo,  but it's very exciting to watch someone who swears they haven't
got a creative bone in their body discover that 'spark' -- invariably
accompanied by the thrill of this "non-creative" person who is so excited to
learn he's not excluded from the ranks of the artistically inclined!  For a
highly analytical,  or otherwise 'noncreative', person to discover their
creative side enriches their life and adds beauty to the world (just as I would
also recommend that highly creative types not neglect their intellectual side:
imagine an artist being excused from learning math or science on the grounds
that they're not naturally gifted in this area!)

Thanks for putting it so well.

Laura