Re: wrap your brain around this

Unless one is employed by a company and this is a job title, or one advertises
particular talents involving "art", "An Artist" is not something which one calls
ones self; it is a term by which others define one whose creations they perceive
as art.
    I strongly doubt that either Michaelangelo, Leonardo, or Robert Henri, or
Bernard Middleton either for that matter, would say to anyone "I'm an artist,
because. . ."  I suspect that anyone seeing Jack's work would say "Now there's a
real artist!" whether he thinks he is one himself or not.

Charles