Fraud from a bookbinder?

Can anyone please tell me how to handle having apparently been cheated by a
bookbinder (who shall be nameless; this is a former -- and perhaps current
-- list member).  S/he has flatly refused to respond to any of my E-Mails,
letters, certified mail, etc. after having cashed my check.  There is
several hundred dollars involved.

Can anyone please offer suggestions as to what to do next?

Thank you very much.

"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)