Re: inserts

When I was working as archivist in a small museum, I often kept the notes
I found in place, but I encased them in acid-free folders.  If they
were attached by staples or clips or straight pins I removed those
items first.  I also made a photocopy of the original on acid-free
paper with all the notes in place as a record.

Bertha Rogers