Re: Being an artist is a process.

Although I have been a calligrapher for more than 20 years (and a
bookbinder for about 10) I never thought of myself as an artist until
after my grandson was born.  My daughter said to me, "I hope he doesn't
grow up to be an artist."  I asked why, and she replied, "No offense,
Mom, but you guys are all weird."

Thus, I am an artist, called so by others (well, at least one other!)

Sally.