Re: inserts

At 05:11 PM 9/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>I am rebinding an old church record book.  As I took it apart I found a
>>dozen or so little notes which had been placed here & there between pages.
>>What's the current recommended practice with things like this?

>How about asking the person who commissioned you what s/he wants?
>Dave

I don't think they would know; if I asked they'd say "Do whatever you think
best".  The book belongs to my church and I took it on myself to do this.
I was asked to help out sorting a lot of our historical stuff; they asked
me because of my library background and my knowledge of binding, etc. is a
plus.  While going through some file cabinets we found the old
registers--some of which need repair or rebinding.  I just want to do
whatever is best.

Another question:  The book is a ledger from 1907, leather bound, hollow
back, false raised bands.  In the condition it was in I can't tell if it
had headbands or not but I'm guessing that it probably did.  Anyone know if
this type of book generally did?

Mark W. Arend, Scoutmaster
Troop 736
Beaver Dam, Wisc.