Re: Being an artist is a process.

I have known two professional calligraphers and have collected the work of
one, and both are artists.  One is now in Canada for six months working on
a single piece.
    I think this whole debate is a bit silly, myself.  For years, in the
1940's and early '50's I witnessed a similar one about whether photographs
deserved to be accepted as works of art.  There seems to be an inescapable
breed who would define such terms so narrowly as to eliminate everything
except what they like and to belittle anyone who differs from them.