iris and geclee prints and copyrights

I am looking for a reasonable source for producing small editions of vintage
photographs, both black and white and cyanotypes, and in very small formats
to match the original images. Many of these images are postcard size or
smaller, like cdvs. Can someone educate me on the differences between the
two types of prints, iris and giclee. Would the scans I do myself with a zip
drive( and a $200. scanner) be of high enough quality to take to a printer
to have the images produced? Should I have the digital images done
professionally? I want to use high quality paper and archival inks for this
project.

Here is my second question: how do I secure copyrights on the photos I
digitalize? They range in age from 1880-1930. There are some unidentified
studio portraits, some real photo postcards from the teens, some snapshots
from unidentified photo albums. Does the fact that I own the photos and I
digitalize or manipulate them mean that I can copyright these new images? If
the photograph has identifying information, like a postcard company or the
name of a studio on the mat or the name of a school or college in the
photograph, does that  affect who holds the copyright

Thanks for your help.
Linda M. Wilson
Greenwich Academy
200 N. Maple Ave.